NOTE: All posts in this blog have been migrated to Web Performance Matters.
All updated and new content since 1/1/2007 is there. Please update your bookmarks.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Sharpening the Saw

If you've read The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People by Steven R. Covey, then you may remember that the seventh habit is Sharpening the Saw. The idea is that you should always allocate some time for personal renewal.

Because I find my work interesting, or make it so by treating new tasks as a challenge to be mastered, I have a tendency to forget about the seventh habit. But today a colleague reminded me about this, asking if my blog was fun or work related. Of course, my response was "it's both" -- and it is. But this exchange got me thinking that I did need to sharpen the saw from time to time. My own performance matters too.

I have therefore decided that from now on I will publish the blog only from Monday to Friday, and take the weekends off. Even if I do spend time writing over the weekend, I'll save the posts for publication during the week. It's not as if I'm going to be covering news that can't wait for a couple of days. So if you take time off to sharpen your own saws, you won't be missing anything.

Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home